Full Time Position Available
A Staff Physical Therapist provides professional services in restorative, functional and preventative therapeutic programs. This includes evaluation of all assigned patients, the development of goal orientated treatment plans, administration and implementation of the treatment program and appropriate discharge planning. Outpatient therapy experience preferred. Must be able to work independently in an offsite clinic and assist in management of day to day operations. Candidate must supervise office tech and PTA staff and be willing to float to other clinics. Holiday and Saturday on-call rotations required for inpatient evaluations at main campus.
- Supports and promotes an environment conducive with the Mission, Vision and Values of the hospital
- Administers various evaluations to determine patient’s functional level and needs
- Develops goals and appropriate treatment plan considering evaluation results, medical status, patient needs, patient age and probable discharge situation in collaboration with the patient and the physician
- Perform diagnostic tests, measurements, and evaluations, such as range-of-motion and manual muscle test, gait and functional analyses, and body parts measurements, then records and evaluates findings to establish individualized treatment program along with ongoing reassessment
- Performs necessary therapeutic treatments in accordance with the plan of care to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability following disease or injury
- Supervises and instructs patients in safe and functional mobility skills, fit and use of assistive devices and appropriate therapeutic exercises, modality use and wound/burn care
- Takes an active role communication with the physicians and others on the health care team
- Re-evaluates patient status as prescribed by policy and modifies treatment plans based on patient’s response to treatment modalities
- Participates in discharge planning
- Provides onsite supervision of PTAs
- Prepares patient documentation for the medical record accurately, thoroughly, within the prescribed timeframes using clear succinct objective language
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient, hospital or physician related information
- Maintain orderly condition of assigned work area
- Is knowledgeable of general hospital and department specific policies and procedures
- Other duties many be assigned and are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an APTA accredited curriculum, earning a degree in Physical Therapy
- Outpatient therapy experience preferred.
- Ability to pass specific competencies for this position
- Proficient oral and written communication
- 1 year experience preferred
- Maintains required and approved CEU to maintain licensure
- Hold and maintain PT Illinois Licensure