Unit Clerk (Non-Clinical)
The Unit Clerk performs clerical/receptionist and communication duties (proper phone etiquette) as well as requisitioning/stocking supplies, and services from other departments.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Greeting and registering patients in the ED and other areas as needed.
- Assist with patient room placement, answers call-lights, and rounds.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment under the direction of and supervision of the RN/LPN in charge of the team or unit.
- Supports and promotes an environment conducive with the Mission, Vision, and Values of the hospital, following the Standards of Behavior.
- Assists and maintains document control aspects (copying documents, completing reports, completing patient logs, filing items, faxing appropriate information, etc.
- Communicates with the healthcare team.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all patients, team members, hospital or physician related information.
- Is knowledgeable of general hospital policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned and are subject to change with or without prior notice.
Full Time Position Available - 12 hour shifts (1100-2300); weekend and holiday rotation required