Health Careers Exploration was launched for high school students interested in healthcare. Through a series of planned experiences, Hillsboro Area Hospital will provide youth broader exposure to health careers in the community. The programming will be designed to help young people “connect the dots” between school and a future career. Read below and view the application here.
- Provide experiences that will improve student’s knowledge of career options and exposure to the culture of health careers
- Expand student’s understanding of career pathways, critical steps required, and provide encouragement for developing personal goals.
- Enhance student’s local network of health professionals by creating a web of support and assistance in their pursuit of health careers.
- Participants should be high school sophomores, juniors, or seniors. Freshman accepted based on space available.
- Program size is limited to approximately 40 students with a minimum of 15 registered students required to hold the program.
- The program is hosted in the Hillsboro Area Health System Cloud Classroom at Hillsboro Area Hospital
- Sessions are scheduled for 5:30-8pm on the following dates
- January 17, 2019 (Physical Therapy & Respiratory Therapy)
- February 5, 2019 (Infection Control & General Nursing)
- February 21, 2019 (Dietary & Physical/Occupational Therapy)
- March 7, 2019 (Radiology & Surgery)
- March 18, 2019 (Therapy & Laboratory)
- April 9, 2019 ( Emergency Nursing & General Nursing)
- Please contact the following for more information:
- Complete the application form. Completed application packets are due January 7, 2019.
- Tell us about your interest in a health career, and why you would like to be involved in this program.
- Submit application form and narrative to Amanda Payne Performance Excellence Internal Champion
- via email to: email@example.com.
- via mail to: Hillsboro Area Hospital Attn: Amanda Payne
1200 E. Tremont St
Hillsboro, IL 62049
- Drop Off to: Hillsboro Area Hospital
- Switchboard or Registration locations